CES Consultants, Inc., is hiring for a Resident Engineer position in our NY office. CES is a national civil engineering firm with offices in New York, Miami Lakes, Pembroke Pines, West Palm Beach, and Jacksonville seeking a licensed full-time Resident Engineer with prior NYCDDC experience that will be responsible for managing daily construction management and inspection which includes:
Resident Engineer Job Description:
The Resident Engineer will manage daily construction management and inspection which includes:
- Responsible for site safety, permit compliance and coordination with other adjacent projects.
- Monitoring Contractor performance, scheduling, effectiveness and quality control.
- Manage inspection and office staff. Responsible for record keeping, correspondence, compiling and delivering of required reports. Chair various project meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Review and approve daily inspection reports and payment quantities in accordance with DDC requirements.
- Prepare Change Orders for overruns, changed conditions and additional work.
- Work with community liaison to inform public about upcoming work and potential impacts. Work with the Contractor to minimize disruptions to the public.
- Log and Coordinate with the designer to respond to Contractors submittals, RFI's and shop drawings
Resident Engineer Educational Requirements:
- Qualified for ASCE Grade V
- Baccalaureate degree in engineering from an accredited college
- Valid NYS P.E. License
- Five years of experience in construction inspection or management on infrastructure construction projects (highway /sewer/water)
- NYCDDC prior experience preferred but not required
Resident Engineer Benefits Include:
Competitive salary and comprehensive package including healthcare, life insurance, short term disability, Voluntary Long-Term Disability, 401K, employee incentives and more.
Please send letters of interest and resume to:
Janean Maldonado at firstname.lastname@example.org